7/4/10

BLUEBERRY NIGHTS

Photobucket

Blueberries at the market! I was so excited that I bought a whole flat.

I wasn't good for much this weekend. I haven't been sleeping very well as I wait for my ears to heal and the pillow to become comfortable once again. Just to make matters worse I developed one of those bizarre pains in my neck and shoulder that means I can't turn my head to the left. Like, at all. Bike riding has become rather dangerous. (Perhaps I shouldn't sleep on the floor at the studio amongst Garrett's drum set anymore - thanks for nothing Canada Day.) To top it all off I cut the hell out of my palm yesterday morning while slicing the last of the Montreal bagels. Now I'm sporting a huge gauze bandage across my wrist which makes me look as though I've just been released from suicide watch at Alberta hospital. What does this mean?

Anyway, to make myself feel a little more like a whole person I made spaghetti alle vongole last night for dinner and finished with this delicious blueberry crumble.

Photobucket

I was planning to eat this vanilla custard I made alongside the finished dessert but, impetuously, spread it over the bottom crust instead. I'm just WACKY that way!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was yummy: sugar, flour, butter, berries, lemon and vanilla - how could you go wrong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy