5/3/10

INSIDE THE ALHAMBRA

Photobucket

After visiting Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (which is amazing, if you get the chance) I wasn't sure what to expect from the Alhambra in Granada. Surely, it's a structure with a long and illustrious history but I didn't know how it would compare. My initial reaction, after having freely wandered through so many kasbahs and gardens already on this trip, was that it seemed crowded, touristy and not as special as I might've hoped. It's only now, looking back through my photos, that I see how magical it was. So many unique architectural details and history-changing stories does this palace claim. Indeed, it's a must see and I'm very glad we had the chance to visit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(The ceiling of the room where Isabella gave C. Columbus the go-ahead to sail to the Indies, resulting in what we know as 1492)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: