5/25/10

WANNA KEEP MY PLACE IN THE OLD WORLD

Photobucket

What is it about Russian flavours that just slay me lately? That tangy sour, wholesome sweet and briny salt are all that I crave. Heaven would be a fully stocked caviar bar - oh, that I were so lucky!

I started a new aquafit class this morning and was absolutely starving when it was done. I've made a promise to behave myself while R is out of town and treat my body well (that means wine breakfasts are out) so I decided to make a Kasha and Summer Bean salad for lunch. Delicious roasted beets and blanched green beans mixed with kasha, sunflower seeds and an aromatic lemon dill vinaigrette. I topped it off with a hard boiled egg but might eat the leftovers tomorrow with a little feta. Food food food food food food food food food. It's called a one track mind.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, ps. The ladies of aquafit? Universally awesome. I have, like, seven new best friends and three lunch invitations despite the fact they all have 50 years on me. I'm like their pet.

2 comments:

Raymond E. Biesinger said...

Food food food. Currently living on a diet of pizza, soon to be broken by a nice supper at Veg Out in London, ON. I miss you, E., big.

XOXOXOXO,
R.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha i love that you're the little aquafit pet, very charming. i found my local pool here and it was a vicious, intense, crowded lane swim. i felt like i was swimming in a storm.