10/5/10

GIFTS WE GIVE OURSELVES

Photobucket

This past weekend was the Puces Pop festival, a large arts and crafts fair run concurrently with Pop Montreal. Raymond participated in the sale and ended up selling out of his brand new New Yorker print, it was insane. The place was packed from the moment the doors opened in the morning till the day's end at 6pm, holy claustrophobia.

Photobucket

There were a ton of people selling numerous treasures including this gift I bought myself, a little handcrafted oxidized silver and pyrite ring designed by Marie Khediguian under her label Markhed. As soon as I saw it I knew this piece was for me, it's the perfect blend of delicate and hard, upscale and hand-forged. Ever wanna buy me jewellery? make sure it's mean, make sure it's organic and make sure it's simple, simple, simple. What I especially love about this piece is that Marie lets the materials speak for themselves. She recognizes the strength in lack of frills or perfection, the details remain the nature of the metals/minerals themselves; as my friend Carmen stated, 'it's goooood'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Millicent Designs said...

Liz,

Can you let me know when you kids have more New York prints? I want, I want! I tried to pack up my RB world map, but Im too scared to squish it... so we will def. need some RB representation to show off to NYC!

Also, I think a Mont. visit is in order when we get settled. I need leather pants in the worst way possible!(Im not sure I ever thought I would be saying that) Congrats on all the exciting stuff you are up to!

Marie from Markhed Design said...

Hello!

I'm so happy you love your ring! Thanks for sharing it on your cute blog!

Cheers!
Marie