10/28/10

HALIFAX MINI-BREAK

Photobucket

R and I enjoyed a mini-break in Halifax last weekend while his band, The Famines, participated in the Halifax Pop Explosion. 28 hours of driving for 35 hours of visiting time, retarded right? Anyway, it was really nice to go back to Halifax, however short the stay. I hadn't been there since 1999 when I visited a friend attending NSCAD......and whoosh, seems 11 years of my life flew by just like that.

We stayed with friends of Garrett's, Zane and Alexis, who have a fantastic condo in a 100 year old schoolhouse just across the water on the Dalhousie side. Zane owns a really special cafe called 'Two If By Sea' a few blocks away from their house and we were treated to amazing homemade croissants and perfect americanos both mornings of our stay.

Photobucket

As with most port cities, my favorite time was spent with my honey, wandering along the wharf, smelling the sea, watching the boats sail by.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gulls.

Photobucket
Gull snacks.

Photobucket
Mmmmm. Breakfast Seafood.

Photobucket
And, of course, shenanigans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! nice soft focus shots -- very aged and pretty. And real gulls! and sea urchins! What fun. I want to go sleep in a school house too.