2/7/10

SUNDAY MORNINGS AND SMOOTHIES

Photobucket

Photobucket



I have a cat beside me, chirping at the birds outside the window and a boyfriend still sleeping in bed. My plan for the morning is to make an avocado smoothie and listen to the hair soundtrack, on high (I think it's time for someone to wake up). White boys is my favorite number.

Avocado Smoothie:
Makes 2 big servings

1 ripe avocado cut into medium-sized pieces
2 bananas
1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1 - 2 cups milk (depending on how thick you like it)
1/2 - 1 cup orange or pineapple juice (see above)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries (optional)
1 Tbsp honey (optional)

Blend the avocado with some milk first, to make sure there are no lumps, then add all the remaining ingredients to your blender, blending on high for about a minute.

If you choose to add the blueberries (and all the nutrition that goes with them) this will be one of the least attractive smoothies out there, but it truly does tastes amazing.

No comments: