11/9/09

FUNCTIONALITY

Photobucket

Photobucket


I know that the work of Natalia Ortega Gamez was already highlighted on Design*Sponge back in the spring, but I have to showcase it again. I love these bonsai planters; their practicality is matched perfectly by their beauty. Just think of how grateful your plants would be should you fill the side compartment with water to provide a little extra humidity to the surrounding air.

Natalia's work is simplistic, and organic, and appeals to me greatly as winter keeps knocking on my door. With one of these in my home my mind could always escape to some quiet grove just off the Gulf of Mexico, with roosters strutting in the yard, fruit ripening on the trees and my (also imaginary) bonsai collection thriving all over the porch in these very bowls.

No comments: